|The Message of A Course in Miracles: A Translation of the Text in Plain Language|
Chapter 2: The Separation and the Atonement
1: The Origins of Separation
1. Creation is Godís Being extending Infinitely and Eternally. God creates by extending God everywhere, always. Being One with God you create in the same way and you have the same Loving Will to extend God as God does. You are Whole and Perfect in your Oneness with God and there is no lack in you because there is no lack in God. Your ability to create - to extend your mind - is not lost because you perceive yourself as separate from God. But this inappropriate use of your mind results in projection, which is what happens when you believe that you lack and you make your own ideas to fill that lack. This process happens this way:
First, you believe that you can change God by separating off part of Godís Mind.
Second, you believe that this makes lack and imperfection real.
Third, you believe that you can make split-off, separate selves, and that you have made a separate self for you.
Fourth, you believe that you are your own source and that what you are is your own choice.
2. This is the separation, the ďdetour into fearĒ. This is not real. You are Eternally One with God, and wholly like God. Just as God extends only God, as Part of God you too can only extend God. But because Godís Will is free so is yours.
3. God is Whole. This is Truth. The separation introduced the idea of lack to you. Lack is untruth, or illusion. Believing in illusion is a choice and it will disappear in an instant if you want it to because it is only a misperception. Your perception of a world is like a dream from which you have to awaken. But you cannot do so as long as you project the source of the world that you perceive away from you. You Eternally have within you the ability to extend God as God extends God. In Reality extending God is your only choice because God made your Will Free for your Joy in extending the Perfect.
4. All of your fear comes from your belief that you have the power to change God. Of course you cannot and you have not really done this. Recognizing this is how you undo fear. The means for undoing fear is accepting correction of your perception that you have separated yourself from God. At first, because you are so used to being afraid, you may be fearful of correction, confusing it with the rest of your illusions. But once you have accepted that you are One with God and that you have not changed this Fact you will recognize this is the way out of fear. You will recognize that your Oneness with God has always been the Truth.
5. The particular forms of your illusions do not matter; Godís Love can overlook them all with equal ease. The purpose of you experiencing miracles is to make it clear to you that Godís Love is Truth and everything else is illusion. All expressions of Godís Love, no matter their seeming form or size, are equal. In reality you are unaffected by all expressions of lack-of-love, whether they seem to come from within you or from outside of you, because Peace is within you and It does not come from outside of you. Your mind is sick when it seeks outside itself for wholeness. Your mind is healthy when it recognizes that it is Whole and is at Peace, untouched by any perceptions of lack-of-love. By extending Godís Love you correct your perception that you have problems because others seem to lack love.
2. The Atonement as Defense
1. The experience of miracles is natural, corrective, healing, and available to you. They can do anything but they cannot work if you are doubtful or afraid. Your fear endows what you fear with the power to hurt you. You believe in what you value and when you are afraid you are valuing illusions. Truth and illusion then have equal power in your mind and this destroys your Peace. The Peace of God comes from your recognizing that only God can bring you Peace. This Peace can not be shaken by illusions. God does not hurt and anything that does not come from God cannot truly affect you. Your accepting this undoes your fear.
2. When you deny that you are One with God you defend illusions and your belief that you are a personal self. But denial can be used to defend Truth as well. You can, and should, deny that your illusions can hurt you. Your awareness of your Oneness with God depends on this. You are free to choose what you will defend but your mind and will are only truly free when they serve Truth.
3. You automatically defend what you value. It will be easy for you to defend your awareness of your Oneness with God when you value it. In every situation you must learn to ask, What do I really value? You will save time by acknowledging that God offers you What you really want. When you do acknowledge this the means for remembering God will be obvious to you.
4. The plan of the Atonement, which is the correction of your perception of separation from God, is the only defense that cannot be used to attack. You did not make it so it is unlike the personal selfís defenses, which can both protect and attack. The Idea behind the Atonement is Godís Love. The Atonement Itself is an Act of Love. It is a plan for undoing the separation in your mind by using your perception of a world, which does not exist in God, but which you made in your mind. You can refuse the Atonement but you cannot use It for the personal selfís goal of separation from God. This is why the Atonement can only heal.
5. Since separation from God is only an illusory idea it has an ending. The lessons of the plan of the Atonement are how this ending unfolds in your illusion of a world. The Atonement as the full correction of your perception of separation from God is the final lesson. Both learning and a world as your classroom have value only in time because in God you have Everything and you do not need to change anything. But in your perception of a world you can learn to correct your perception of separation from God, bringing you closer and closer to full awareness of God. Only while you believe in separation is learning meaningful.
6. The personal mind makes you relive your sense of separation from God over and over so that nothing really changes but the plan of the Atonement truly undoes your erroneous belief that you are separate from God. The complete correction of your perception of separation from God ends your need for time. The plan of the Atonement uses your experience of the miracle to bring the end of time nearer by bringing God into your awareness now. Timeís only value is the unfolding Atonement.
7. The Atonement requires that you give over your entire mind to correction. As long as you identify with a personal self you will feel this total commitment to correction as loss. To the personal mind all defenses of the Truth are attacks on it. But the strength of the Atonement is in that it does not attack, it simply undoes error. Extending Godís Love does not attack, it corrects. This is how your experience of the miracle defends Truth. As you become more and more aware of your Identity in God your awareness of Oneness will envelop your entire mind and ensure your sense of security.
3. The Altar of God
1. Only in your mind can you recognize that you are One with God. The personal mind defends and maintains your sense of separation from God by protecting the body. The personal mindís fantasies about the perfect body come from the belief that you can heal your sense of loss through the body by perceiving it as a temple of the mind. This does recognize that the mind is where correction is needed but it does not recognize that the body is only an idea in the mind where your true Wholeness lies. The personal selfís emphasis on beautiful bodies comes from your fear of real correction. The Holy Spirit in your mind, however, overlooks the body, recognizing that it is nothing and that the mind is everything.
2. Only by total commitment of your mind to correcting your sense of separation from God will your mind be restored to Wholeness. There was no fear in your mind before the idea of separation from God. Both fear and separation are mistakes that must be undone for your mind to be healed and for you to be fully aware of God again. Then you will not experience loss or fear.
3. Your mind will eventually be healed of its perception of separation from God. You have free will to delay your awareness of your Oneness with God but because Oneness is the Truth you cannot make your perception of separation permanent. The pain caused by your perceiving separation from God is ultimately intolerable for you, and when you are truly willing to accept that there is a way out of pain you will be willing to accept the Holy Spirit within you again. For a long while you will be conflicted as you alternate between the personal self and the Holy Spirit but it is certain that you will return to full awareness of God.
4. The Holy Spirit cannot see error and It only looks for correction, dissolving all solutions the personal mind seeks to make through the body. The Holy Spirit always looks within your mind and It recognizes immediately when your mind is hurt and seeks to heal it. It does this by overlooking your perception of separation from God and by looking to your Oneness with God. This brings your mind into the Holy Spiritís service and makes it harder for you to accept the pain of delaying your full awareness of God. You will become less and less tolerant of even minor discomforts brought about by perceiving separation from God.
5. As Part of God your perfect trust in the Holy Spirit brings the Perfect Peace that is your natural State of Being. Until you achieve this trust you are throwing away Oneness and using inappropriate means to feel whole again. The real means to Wholeness are natural to you and you do not have to make any effort for them. Because you are One with God the correction of your perception of separation from God is the only gift worthy of your mind. You are eternally One with God and you have Godís Peace within you. When you are not at Peace you are deceiving yourself and your mind is not open to the Holy Spirit. You must see the world that you perceive as a means of healing your sense of separation from God and the plan of the Atonement is given to you to guarantee that you will succeed in remembering that you are One with God.
4. Healing as Release from Fear
1. Now physical healing will be addressed. The Atonement as the correction of your perception of separation from God is the idea behind physical healing; your experience of the miracle, as the extension of Godís Love, is the means of physical healing. Physical healing is the result of your accepting correction of your perceived separation from God. Physical healing is not a miracle in itself, but the result of your accepting Godís Love. The form sickness takes is irrelevant because all forms of perceived separation from God are corrected by accepting your Oneness with God. All physical healing is really release from the fear brought about by perceiving yourself as separate from God. To heal you cannot be fearful because in fear you do not perceive yourself as One with God.
2. A major part of the plan of the Atonement is to undo your mistake of confusing the mind with the body. To be physically sick is to be not in your right mind because it comes from your belief that you are in a body that you cannot control. Your experience of miracles correct this mistake in your mind, which is where the mistake occurs. The body can only respond to your mind and it can only manifest sickness when it is responding to an erroneous thought. Your belief that the body can be sick on its own is a belief in magic. Magic is the belief that physical matter has a power the mind cannot control. This mistake shows up as your belief that the body and mind are both real and that each has a power that can affect the other. When you can accept that only the mind is real you will no longer confuse yourself with a body and manifest sickness.
3. Your Spirit is One with God, your mind can extend Godís Love, and the body is a learning device for your mind while you perceive yourself in a world. The body is neutral, it has no power of its own, and it cannot introduce errors into your mind of itself. The worst that you can do with the body is to not use it to learn of God. The body is simply a part of your experience in your perception of a world. It is almost impossible for you to deny that you experience a body and doing so you will also deny the power of your mind, which made it.
4. The physical remedies that you apply to heal the body reinforce your belief in magic. Magical thinking teaches you that the body makes its own illness; using physical remedies to heal it reinforces this mistake. But it is not evil to use them. Sometimes your belief in the illness is too strong for you to let in the awareness that healing is the result of correcting your perception of separation from God. When this is the case it is better for you to temporarily believe in the physical remedies. When you are sick you are already in a fearful state and if you confuse Godís Love with fear then the experience of the miracle will only increase your fear.
5. The form that correction of your perception of separation from God takes is not important. It will come to you in a form that is helpful to you at the time. To be fully effective Godís Love must be experienced by you in a way that you can understand without fear. This does not mean that you experience It in Its purest form but that you experience It in a form to which you are open right now. The goal of your experiences of miracles is to increase your awareness of your Oneness with God, not to limit it by making you more fearful.
5. The Function of the Miracle Worker
1. Before you can accept physical healing as an extension of Godís Love it is important that you understand your fear of release from your identification with a personal self. If you do not understand this fear you will teach yourself that release from the personal self is loss. This idea supports the separation and it arises from your fearful belief that you have succeeded in breaking off a part of Godís Mind and limiting it to a personal self in a body. This is not real. Recognizing that this is not real corrects your mind where the error of separation occurs. Remember, only your mind has power and correction must happen in your mind. Your Spirit is Eternally One with God and the body is only a learning device for your mind. The body cannot make errors of its own because it does not have the power to do so. Only your mind can give up its own mistakes and doing so is the only application of its power that is meaningful in your perception of a world.
2. Magic is the misuse of the mindís power. Your belief in physical remedies is magical thinking but you should not use the mind to heal the body if you are afraid to do so. Fear and egocentricity go together and fear makes you vulnerable to perceiving physical healing as coming from the power of the personal mind rather than from the recognition that you are One with God. When you are afraid it is actually better for you to accept physical remedies for healing the body because you will not make the mistake of thinking they come from your personal power. As long as you are afraid you should not attempt to accept the experience of the miracle for physical healing.
3. Your experiences of miracles are expressions of your mind when it is aligned with God. To accept a miracle you can not judge your mind or what it perceives. To correct your perception of separation from God you do not have to wait for what you perceive to change. In fact, your purpose is to be miracle-minded despite what is appearing to you. You must be open to Godís Love, even if only briefly, in order to extend Godís Love to what is appearing.
4. If you rely on your personal readiness to extend Godís Love you will be confused about where your experience of miracles comes from. Instead, trust the Holy Spirit, the Source of Godís Love within you. When you donít extend Godís Love it is because you are afraid and confused about what is real and you are refusing to accept correction of your perception of separation from God. When you do accept correction you will recognize that healing is recognizing your Oneness with God.
5. Your one responsibility is to accept for yourself correction of your perception that you are separate from God. This means that you recognize the power of your mind and that it is only your mind that needs correction. Once you accept this your mind will only heal. By denying the separation and reinstating your awareness of your Oneness with God you will be in a position to extend Godís Love to all that you perceive. You will teach yourself that you are not separate from God and that your perception of separation is not real. You will release your mind from valuing the body and you will remember that you are mind.
6. The body has no power and it cannot learn. It can only follow your mind and if you endow it with power it does not have it becomes an obstacle to your learning. Only your mind can learn. Spirit is Whole and does not need learning and the body is powerless and neutral. Your mind can bring the body into alignment with it by recognizing that the body is not the learner and by looking past it to Spirit.
7. The learning that corrects your sense of separation from God turns you away from the bodyís sight and turns you inward to your mind and Spirit. This often causes you fear because you are afraid that spiritual sight will reveal that you are guilty of separation from God. This may make you uncomfortable but the discomfort is only temporary. When the Holy Spirit sees your perception of separation from God It only looks to correct this perception not to punish you for it. The Holy Spirit only knows of your Oneness with God and disregards the idea of separation. The Holy Spirit does not inspire fear and you should recognize that the discomfort that you feel is an indication that you need correction.
8. You fear healing because you are unwilling to totally accept that your mind needs to be healed. What the bodyís eyes see cannot heal nor can anything physical heal your sense of separation from God. As long as you believe that what the body sees is real your attempts at correction will be directed away from real healing. Real Vision looks inward at the mind but in your identification with a personal self you wonít look inward because you believe that you will see your own guilt for separating from God. Yet since you really do believe that you are separate from God you cannot correct this belief without first looking inward at it.
9. The ability to heal wasnít necessary before your perception of separation from God but as long as you believe in a world healing is necessary as a means of keeping the Truth in your mind. True charity means that you look on the Holy Spirit in what you perceive even when you cannot yet accept It in yourself. Like other true spiritual ideas charity is needed only in the separation and it is a dim reflection of the Oneness of God that you cannot conceive of yet. Charity is essential for you to be miracle-minded.
10. Charity means that you look past what is appearing to look on the Holy Spirit even when you do not yet accept that the Holy Spirit is in you. You would have no need of charity if you already knew that the Holy Spirit is within you. Through charity you acknowledge both that you need to see the Holy Spirit and that you will accept the Holy Spirit. Charity is only needed while you perceive yourself in a world and extending Godís Love, which expresses charity, lessens your need for a world. Only a direct revelation of God transcends your perception of a world; your experience of miracles is needed to shorten your need for a world. Remember that when you extend Godís Love you are lessening your suffering by undoing guilt for separating from God in the past and undoing fear of punishment for this in the future.
a. Special Principles of Miracle Workers
11. (1) When you extend Godís Love you do not have to be concerned with how or when it manifests in the world that you perceive. The Holy Spirit will arrange this.
12. (2) All healing rests on your understanding the distinction between God and the world that was made in your mind to be separate from God. Correcting the confusion between the two is healing.
13. (3) If you respond to any manifestation of separation from God with anything but a desire to correct your perception of separation you will be confused about what is real.
14. (4) Your experience of a miracle denies your separation from God and affirms your Oneness with God. Only miracle-mindedness corrects in a real way. What cannot correct your perception of separation from God is not real. Since it isnít real it is empty and you must project meaning onto it.
15. (5) The miracleís correction of your perception of separation from God provides your perception for healing. Until you have accepted this correction your forgiving is a means of judging rather than healing.
16. (6) True forgiving corrects your perception of separation from God. It does not judge what is appearing, which does not matter. It looks inward toward God to heal the mind of its perception of separation.
17. (7) Your cooperation with the Holy Spirit is essential for remembering that you are One with God. Your perception of a world belongs to the Holy Spirit for correction and Reality belongs to God. In Reality you are One with God; the world that you perceive exists only for you to remember this.
18. (8) In any situation in which you perceive the need for healing, either in your mind or in what your mind perceives, think of it this way:
I am here to heal by letting the Holy Spirit work through me.
I do not have to worry about what to say or what to do because the Holy Spirit will direct me.
I am content to be wherever the Holy Spirit needs me to be because I know the Holy Spirit is always with me.
I will be healed as I let the Holy Spirit teach me to heal.
6. Fear and Conflict
1. Fear and the behavior that it inspires seem to just happen to you as though they are beyond your control. Yet only acts inspired by the Holy Spirit should be automatic to you. The Holy Spirit cannot control fear but you can. If you choose, the Holy Spirit can take over everything that is not important and can guide you in everything that is important. When you are afraid it is because you are identifying with a body and a personal self. This makes it impossible for the Holy Spirit to reach you because you are confused about what is real.
2. You have to choose to undo your confusion about reality because the Holy Spirit is not responsible for this confusion. You do not excuse your own insane behavior by saying that it is beyond your control yet you do condone your own insane thinking. There is a confusion here that you must look at. After the act you take responsibility for what you did but not for the thoughts that motivated your behavior. But you are responsible for what you think because it is with the mind that you make choices. What you do follows what you think. You cannot make separation real by giving fearful behavior its own motivation apart from your mind. Your behavior will come under the control of the Holy Spirit as soon as you give your mind to the Holy Spirit. Whenever you are afraid you have believed in separation from God and you have not been following the Holy Spiritís guidance.
3. Controlling behavior that comes from your belief in separation from God cannot result in healing. Fear is an indication that your mind has chosen separation and this is why you feel guilty. Your mind, not your behavior, needs to be changed and this is a matter of your willingness to change. Only at the level of your mind do you need guidance because it is your mind that needs correction. A change of behavior means nothing and does nothing because your behavior follows your mind.
4. Letting go of fear is your responsibility. Do not ask for release from fear but rather for release from the source of your fear: your perception of separation from God. You are too tolerant of, and too passive about, the thoughts that maintain this perception. How this misperception shows up is not important but the misperception itself is crucial. Its correction is the same in every circumstance: Before you make any choice ask for the Holy Spiritís guidance. Then you have no source for fear.
5. Your fear of God causes you strain because it results in a conflict between your desire for your Wholeness in God and your desire to maintain your perception of separation from God. This shows up in two ways: First, your conflicting goals show up as conflicting actions, either at the same time or one after the other. This is intolerable to you because your mind is split and part of it wants the other goal. Second, you behave in a way that you think God wants you to but without wholly wanting to yourself. While this produces consistent behavior it causes great strain for you. In both cases your mind and your behavior are in conflict because you are not doing what you wholly want to do. This makes you feel coerced and angry, which results in you projecting the source of your anger onto someone else. Whenever you are afraid it is because you have not wholly chosen God. Your mind is split and therefore your behavior is inconsistent. Changing your behavior may shift your conflict from the first type of conflict to the second type of conflict but it will not undo your fear.
6. It is possible for you to reach a point where you wholly give your mind over to the Holy Spirit automatically but this implies a willingness that you have not yet attained. The Holy Spirit does not ask for more than you are willing to do right now. When you are wholly willing the strength to do comes naturally. It is not hard to do Godís Will when you recognize that you are One with God. The lesson here is simple: Only your mind makes fear and it does so when you are conflicted between wanting God and wanting separation from God. Your fear can be undone by your wanting only God.
7. To correct your perception of separation from God know that the conflict that you experience comes from your fear of God. Remind yourself that you have chosen to be separate from Godís Love or you could not be afraid. From here your process of correction is practical steps that are part of the larger process of your accepting full correction of your perception that you are separate from God. These are the steps:
Acknowledge that you are feeling fear.
Fear comes from your rejection of Godís Love.
The only remedy is to wholly accept Godís Love.
Only by extending Godís Love can you correct your perception that you are separate from God and undo fear.
8. By extending Godís Love you demonstrate your acceptance of Godís Love for yourself. It is a sign that you recognize the Holy Spirit in you by extending the Holy Spirit in your awareness. When you are afraid you have put yourself in a position of needing to correct your perception of separation from God. You have made a choice without Godís Love in your mind. Correcting this misperception is what the plan of the Atonement was made for. As long as you merely recognize that you need correction you will be fearful. But when you accept Godís Love you will undo fear. This is healing.
9. You experience fear but you rarely acknowledge the power of your mind. To be released from fear there are some things that you must wholly accept. Your mind is very powerful and it is always extending itself. Your thoughts and beliefs can literally move mountains. You may think that acknowledging this about your mind is arrogant but thatís not why you wonít accept it. You prefer to think of your thoughts as powerless because you donít want to see that it is your thoughts that gave form to your desire to be separate from God. Denying your mindís power keeps guilt for the separation away from your awareness but it also makes you believe that you are powerless and that your thoughts donít deserve respect. You have no idle thoughts. All of your thinking produces form at some level.
7. Cause and Effect
1. You may complain about fear but you are the one who makes yourself fearful. You cannot ask the Holy Spirit to release you from fear because the Holy Spirit knows that the source of your fear - your perceived separation from God - does not exist. But you believe that fear and separation are real and if the Holy Spirit tried to change your thoughts and the world that theyíve made for you It would be interfering with cause and effect, the most fundamental Law of Mind that there is. It goes against the purpose of this course to depreciate the power of your mind and it is more helpful to remind you that you do not discipline your thinking. You may think it will take a miracle for you to do this and it will. You can, and must, be trained to be miracle-minded.
2. Your mind will not be able to serve the Holy Spirit until you learn to discipline your thoughts. To experience Godís Love you must fully accept the power of your thinking, otherwise you will continue to foster a sense of separation from God. In order to extend Godís Love you must genuinely respect the power of your mind and accept that your thoughts lead to your perceptions and experiences.
3. Both miracles and fear are thoughts in your mind. If you were not free to choose one you would not be free to choose the other. When you choose to extend Godís Love you reject fear, even if only temporarily. You are afraid of everyone, everything, God, and the Truth in you because you have made separation real to you and you believe in the reality of a world that you made to replace God. This makes you unconsciously feel guilty and fear punishment from God. You then perpetuate separation from God because you are afraid to approach God. But you are not really afraid of God; you are afraid of your own thoughts about God. This is painful for you. The way out of pain is to accept that your own thoughts cause your perceptions and experiences. In Reality there are no perceptions and your experience is only God. So the fundamental conflict in your mind that is played out in your perception of a world is between Reality and separation from Reality. All Love comes from your Oneness with God and all fear comes from your perception of separation from God. The conflict in your mind is between your desire for both God and separation from God.
4. You made fear because you believe that you made separation from God real and because you believe you made it you believe in it. Your belief that the separation is real makes fear seem out of your control. Controlling fear will not undo it because your belief that it needs to be controlled only gives it more power over you. Extending Godís Love is the way to undo fear because it undoes your perception of separation. Until you accept this you will be conflicted because you believe in the power of something that does not exist.
5. God and separation from God cannot both be true. To believe in one is to deny the other. Actually, God is Everything and separation from God is nothing. The separation is undone when you accept this. But what you believe is true for you and so the separation has occurred for you. It is not helpful to deny that you believe you are separate from God. But focusing on this only perpetuates your sense of separation. First you must acknowledge that you believe you are separate from God but only because you have to acknowledge a mistake to accept that correction is needed. When you have done this you can accept correction immediately. This seems to be a process that takes time because you made time to make separation from God real to you. But time can be used by the Holy Spirit to correct this misperception. From Godís perspective the purpose of the world that you perceive is to correct your perception of separation from God.
6. Godís Creation is Godís Own Being and It is only One. In the separation your mind perceives many separate beings, or personal selves. You must overlook every perception of personal selves and look to God. The Wholeness of your True Mind is greater than each corrected perception of separation and as long as you believe anything but God is true you will not know This Wholeness. You cannot resolve your conflicted mind until you overlook all of separation and then you will understand true Wholeness. As long as any part of the separation is true for you, you believe in nothingness. The full correction of your perception of separation is the plan of the Atonement.
7. Your willingness to undo fear and your full acceptance of correction of your perception of separation from God are not the same thing. Willingness is a prerequisite for, and implies a desire to accept, correction but this does not mean your desire is undivided. You overcome fear through your extension of Godís Love through you and your willingness is only the beginning of fearlessness for you. You may think that it will take a long time to move from willingness to complete fearlessness but remember your process is under the Holy Spiritís direction, not the personal mindís direction.
8. The Meaning of the Last Judgment
1. You can correct any confusion that you may have over the personal mindís solutions to your perception of separation and the real solution, which is your extension of Godís Love, by remembering that you are not your own source. God only extends God and when you remember that you are One with God you only extend God. The Extension of God is Godís Will and your Will. But when you are identified with the personal self you will inevitably believe in the solutions that it makes and they will be real to you but not to God. This distinction between Godís Will and what the personal mind makes leads to the real meaning of the Last Judgment.
2. The concept of the Last Judgment is frightening because you do not realize God cannot judge. You made judgment in the separation to reinforce the separation but it can be used in the plan of the Atonement as a process of evaluation. The Last Judgment seems to be a long, long way off but the experience of the miracle is offered to you as a way to bring God into your awareness now to reduce the time that you need to remember your Oneness with God. You can quickly free yourself from all fear to fully extend Godís Love and to bring Peace to your entire mind.
3. The Last Judgment does not belong to God but to you as a process of evaluation that you undertake with the Holy Spirit in your mind. It sorts out God from the illusion that a world is reality so that you can wholly choose God. You will vacillate between God and the world that you perceive until you have fully sorted them out. The Last Judgment is your final healing, not a punishment. Punishment is an idea alien to God and the goal of the Last Judgment is to restore you to God.
4. To be free from the illusion that you are separate from God you must accept that it is illusion and that God is Truth. This is a constructive process of separation. You will ultimately look on your Oneness with God and be glad. This will inevitably result in the world that you perceive falling away from you because you realize that it has no real value and you no longer believe in it.
5. The term ďLast JudgmentĒ is frightening to you not only because in your guilt you project vengeance onto God but because you associate ďlastĒ with death. But the Last Judgment is really the doorway to Life because fear is not Life but death. You must judge everything that you have made and remember only your extensions of God which help you to remember that you are One with God. This is timeís only real purpose for you. When all that you remember is Godís Love you will no longer be afraid. This is your part in the plan of the Atonement.
 For example, you perceive yourself as being attacked and you want to extend Love instead. The personal mind is advising you that this is weak and that you should attack back to appear strong. Your behavior vacillates between both motivations.
|Copyright 2009 Elizabeth A. Cronkhite|