|The Message of A Course in Miracles: A Translation of the Text in Plain Language|
Chapter 12: The Holy Spiritís Curriculum
1. The Judgment of the Holy Spirit
1. You have been told to not make your error of perceived separation from God real to you and the way to do this is very simple because if you want to make the error real to you, you have to make it real to you since it is not true. But Truth is Real and to believe Truth you do not have to do anything. Understand that you do not respond directly to anything but you respond to your interpretation of it. Your interpretation then becomes the justification for your response. That is why you get lost analyzing the motives of others. If you decide that someone is really trying to attack you, desert you, or enslave you, you will respond as if they are really doing so making separation real to you. When you interpret your error of perceived separation from God you give it power and you overlook Truth.
2. For you to analyze the motivations of any personal self is very complicated, obscuring, and it always involves the personal mind in you. The whole process is your attempt to demonstrate the personal mindís ability to understand what you perceive because you react to its interpretations as if they were fact. You may then control your behavior but not your emotions, attacking your mind by splitting it again.
3. There is only one interpretation of motivation that makes any sense and because it is the Holy Spiritís judgment it requires no effort on your part: Your every extension of Love is true; everything else, no matter what form it takes in you or in others, is a projection of your split mind and therefore it is your call for healing. You are not justified in responding in anger to your call for healing. Your only appropriate response is a willingness to extend healing because this is all that you are asking for. Offer anything else and you assume the right to decide what is real with the personal mindís interpretation. The danger to your mind is that if you interpret your appeal for healing as something else your response will be to the personal mindís interpretation not to heal your mind to return it to Reality.
4. There is nothing that prevents you from recognizing all of your calls for healing as exactly that except for your own imagined need to attack Reality. It is only this that makes you willing to engage in endless ďbattlesĒ with Reality in which you deny your real need for healing by making the need unreal. You would not do this except for your unwillingness to accept Reality as It is by denying It to yourself.
5. Do not judge with the personal mind What the personal mind cannot understand. Your investment in making the personal self real to you makes you an unreliable witness for Truth. You are unwilling to recognize your appeal for healing because you do not want to receive healing by extending it. To fail to recognize your call for healing is to refuse healing. When you refuse your appeal for healing it is because you want to maintain the illusion that you do not need healing because only by answering the appeal can you be healed. Deny yourself an extension of healing and you will not recognize Godís Answer to you. The Holy Spirit does not need your help in interpreting motivation but you do need the Holy Spiritís Help.
6. Only gratitude is an appropriate response to the world that you perceive, both for the Loving Thoughts that you extend there and for the opportunities for healing that the personal mindís perceptions of separation give you there because both bring Love into your awareness if you perceive them truly. All your sense of strain comes from not perceiving truly. How simple is Godís Plan for your salvation! Gratitude is the one appropriate response to Perceptions that reflect Reality because there is no conflict in Reality. There is only One Teacher of Reality, Which understands What Reality is and Which does not change Its Mind about Reality because Reality is Unchanging. From the personal mind your interpretation of what reality is, is meaningless but the Holy Spiritís Interpretation of Reality is consistently True. The Holy Spirit gives this Interpretation to you because it is for you. Do not attempt to heal the personal mindís projections of separation onto others in your way because in your identification with a personal self you do not know how to heal yourself. But instead see your call for healing in the personal mindís projections and you will recognize your own need for God.
7. Your interpretation of the needs that you perceive in the world in your mind is your interpretation of your needs. By extending healing you ask for healing and if you perceive that your one need is healing you will be healed. You will recognize Godís Answer as you want It to be, if you want It truly. Every appeal for healing that you answer by extending your Christ Mind brings God closer to your awareness. For the sake of your one need, then, hear every call for healing as what it is so God can answer you.
8. By consistently applying the Holy Spiritís interpretation of the personal mindís projections of separation onto others as your own call for healing you will gain an increasing awareness that the Holy Spiritís Interpretation is equally applicable to the fear that you experience. It is necessary for you to recognize what is fear to demonstrate to you your need to escape from fear but recognizing it is only the first step. The Holy Spirit still must translate fear into Truth because if you were left with the fear you would be taking a step away from Reality, not toward It. Your recognizing what is fear without disguise is crucial to undoing the personal mind and the Holy Spiritís interpretations of the projections of the personal mind as your call for healing teaches you that fear itself is a call for healing. So the personal mindís perceptions of separation is what fear is. If you do not protect fear the Holy Spirit will reinterpret it. The ultimate value of you learning to perceive your attack on God through the personal mindís perceptions of separation as your own call for Love is for you to recognize that your attack and the fear of God that it produces are not real. Fear is your call for Love in your unconscious recognition of the Love that you have denied
9. Your fear is a symptom of your own deep sense of loss of God. When you perceive fear in the world in your mind and extend Godís Love to heal your mind the basic cause of your fear is removed and you teach yourself that fear does not exist in you. The Means for removing fear is in you and you have demonstrated It by extending It. The only emotions you are capable of are fear and Love and fear is false because it was made out of your denial of God. But this denial depends on your belief in What is denied for its own existence. When you interpret fear correctly as an affirmation of your underlying belief in God you are making fear useless. You automatically discard defenses that do not work. If you look at What fear is supposed to conceal fear becomes meaningless to you. You have denied its power to conceal Love from you, which was its only purpose. The veil that you have drawn across your awareness of Love has disappeared.
10. If you want to look on Love, Which is the Reality of your Whole Mind, recognize in your every defense against Love your underlying appeal for Love. Learn of Real Perception by answering your appeal for Love with Love. The Holy Spiritís interpretation of fear does dispel it in you because you cannot deny your awareness of Truth. Reinterpreting fear is how the Holy Spirit replaces fear with Love and translates your error of perceiving separation from God into Truth. You will learn from the Holy Spirit how to replace your illusion of separation from God with the Fact of your Oneness with God. The separation that you perceive is only your denial of Oneness and correctly interpreted it attests to your Eternal Knowledge that Oneness is True.
2. The Way to Remember God
1. Your experience of miracles translates your denial into Truth. To Love yourself is to heal yourself and when you are sick you do not Love yourself. Sickness is your appeal for the Love that will heal you but that you are denying yourself. If you knew the Truth about yourself you could not be sick. Your task as a miracle worker is to deny the denial of Truth. You must heal yourself because the Truth is in you. But having obscured It your awareness of your Christ Mind must be extended in your perception because Christ is here.
2. Christ is in your entire mind, no matter how dense are the illusions it seems to perceive. If you donít give power to illusions to obscure Christ in your mind they have none because the power of illusions comes from you. You must withdraw your power from illusions and remember all Power is of God. You can remember this throughout your entire mind so do not allow the personal mind to make you forget it. You must remember God throughout your entire mind and this is what you have forgotten. Your extension of healing to replace the personal mindís perceptions of separation is how you heal your mind and remember God. You forgot God when you perceived a world and extending the Holy Spirit is the way to remember God.
3. When you perceive sickness in any form anywhere is real it is your call for healing so offer Godís Love to heal you because it is the only remedy that you need. You will be made whole as you extend wholeness because for you to perceive in sickness your appeal for healing is for you to recognize in the personal mindís hatred of you your call for Love. For you to extend Love in place of the personal mindís perceptions of separation, which is all that you really want in any situation, is to extend Love to yourself. God Wills you to know your entire mind as yourself. Answer with Love any call for Love that you perceive and your call for Love is answered. Your healing is the Love of Christ for God and for Itself.
4. Your perceptions frighten you when you do not understand them. Your fears vanish when you ask the Holy Spirit for understanding and you accept what It shows you. If you hide your fears you will keep them. You can be helped if you accept that you do not understand what your perceptions mean in your identification with a personal self but if you think you do understand them you will not open yourself to healing. You are hiding behind the heavy illusions that you have made and you are afraid but in your false certainty that you understand them you are refusing to look at them with an open mind.
5. Do not save your illusions for they are not fit for Christ and so they are not fit for you. Look at what you are afraid of. Only your anticipation is frightening because your illusions are nothing and so they are not frightening. Do not delay because your illusions of hatred will not leave you without Help and the Holy Spirit is here now to help you. Learn to be quiet in the midst of the turmoil of the personal mind because quietness is the end of strife and your Goal is Peace. Look straight at every illusion that rises to delay you because your Goal is inevitable since It is Eternal. The Goal of Love is your Right and It belongs to you despite your illusions.
6. You still want What God Wills and no illusions can defeat you who are One with God in your Purpose. Your Purpose was given to you by God and you must accomplish It because God Wills It. Remember your Purpose because it is your Will to do so. What has been accomplished for you is yours. Do not let the personal mindís hatred of you stand in the way of Love for you because nothing can withstand the Love of Christ for God or Godís Love for Christ.
7. Your Christ Mind is not hidden because you are hiding and in a little while you will see Christ because you will become aware of Christ within you as surely as Jesus became aware of the Christ Mind in Himself. His awareness was for you. In the resurrection of Jesus is your release because your mission is to escape from crucifixion, not from correction. Trust in your Christ Mind, Which is with you as God is with your Christ Mind. Christ walks with God in Peace and that means Peace goes with you on your way to God.
8. There is no fear in Perfect Love. Your way to God makes Perfect to you What is already Perfect in you. You do not fear the unknown but the Known. You will not fail in your mission because Jesus did not fail in His. Trust your Christ Mind, Which trusts you completely, and you will easily accomplish the Goal of Perfect Love. Perfect Love is and you cannot deny It. It is much harder for you to deny Perfect Love than it is for you to deny Its denial and what you can accomplish with your Christ Mind you will believe when you see It accomplished.
9. Youíve tried to banish Love and you have not succeeded but when you choose to banish fear you will succeed. Christ is with you but you do not know it. Christ lives within you in the Peace of God. Exchange awareness of this for your awareness of fear. When you have overcome fear with your Christ Mind Ė not by hiding fear, or minimizing it, or denying it in any way Ė Christ is What you will see. You cannot lay aside your obstacles to spiritual awareness without looking at them because you must look at them to judge against them and let them go. If you look at them the Holy Spirit will judge them truly. The Holy Spirit cannot rid you of what you hide because by hiding it you are not offering it to the Holy Spirit.
10. You are embarking on an organized, well-structured, and carefully planned program to learn how to offer to the Holy Spirit everything that you do not want. The Holy Spirit knows what to do but in your identification with a personal self you do not understand how to use what the Holy Spirit knows. Whatever you give to the Holy Spirit that is not of God the Holy Spirit releases. But you must be willing to look at everything yourself because otherwise the Holy Spiritís knowledge is useless to you. The Holy Spirit will not fail to help you because helping you is the Holy Spiritís only Purpose. You have more reason to fear the world in your perception that fear made than to fear looking at the cause of your fear so that you can let go of fear Forever.
3. The Investment in Reality
1. Jesus once asked you to sell all that you have and give it to the poor and follow Him. This is what He meant: You are poor when you have mistakenly invested in a world of separation and if you have no investment in the world that you perceive you can teach yourself and learn that God is your real Treasure. When you perceive any need in the world you have the means to extend Godís Love and supply the need because the world is in your mind. This lesson is perfectly learned if you refuse to believe in poverty of any kind because poverty is lack and your only lack is God and so your only need is God.
2. When you insist on doing something or not doing something in the world that you perceive it is because you believe that doing it or not doing it is your salvation and this makes your separation from God real to you. Your insistence means your investment and what you invest in is always related to your idea of salvation. The two questions you should ask yourself are: ďWhat is to be saved?Ē and ďHow can it be saved?Ē
3. When you become angry for any reason you believe that it is the personal self that you need to save and that attack is the way to save it. Whether you feel attacked or you do the attacking you are agreeing with this belief. If you believe in attack you are poor. Your perception of lack asks for Love, not for further lack. You can offer healing but if you accept attack as real you are making your lack of God real to you. If you did not invest in attack you would not feel lack and need to overlook it.
4. When you are asked to do something in the world that you perceive that you consider outrageous in your identification with a personal self recognize that it does not matter what you do in the world and do not insist on having your way. Your opposition makes the world matter to you and makes it real to you. But every request that you receive in the world that you perceive is really an opportunity for you to extend Godís Love. When you deny yourself this opportunity you deny that you are perceiving a call for salvation in the world in your mind because you are calling for salvation. Your sense of lack comes from the personal mind, never from God. You will not judge any request when you value only God and you no longer want anything from the world that you made.
5. It is your mind that must be saved and it is saved through Peace. Your mind is the only thing that needs to be saved and Peace is the only way to save it. Any response that you give to any perception in your mind that is not Love comes from your confusion of ďwhatĒ needs to be saved and ďhowĒ it needs to be saved. The only answers are ďyour mindĒ and ďPeaceĒ. Do not lose sight of this or believe that there is another answer or you will be poor and not know that you live in Godís Abundance and that your salvation is here.
6. For you to identify with a personal self is for you to attack yourself, to make yourself poor, and to make yourself feel deprived. You experience depression and anger because you exchange Self-Love for Self-hate, making you afraid of your Self. You do not realize this even if you are fully aware of anxiety. And not perceiving that the source of your anxiety is your own identification with a personal self you try to handle anxiety with some sort of adjustment to the world that you perceive as outside of you. In fact, it is crucial to your attempted adjustment to perceive the world as outside of you. You must not realize that you make the world and that there is no world outside of your own mind.
7. If the only Reality in the world that you perceive are the Loving Thoughts of your Christ Mind that you extend there through Real Perception then the world must be in your mind. Your insane thoughts are in your mind, too, but you cannot tolerate an internal conflict of this magnitude. It endangers your split mind because your recognition that your mind encompasses completely opposed thought systems within itself is intolerable to you. So you must project outward the part of the split that opposes your mindís Reality. Everything that you perceive as the world outside of you is merely your attempt to maintain your identification with a personal self because you believe that this identification is your salvation. The consequence of this is that you are in conflict with the world that you perceive because you think that it is antagonistic toward you. This is necessary because you must project on the world the antagonistic thoughts that you can not tolerate within you. So to truly get rid of hatred you must realize that any hatred that you perceive is in your mind and not outside of you. And you must get rid of hatred to see with Real Perception.
8. God so loves you that God gives your mindís perception of a world of separation to your Christ Mind to make it into Real Perception. Real Perception does not see the world of death; It sees only reflections of the Eternal. God gives you Real Perception in exchange for the world that you made to be separate from God, which is the symbol of death. If you could really separate yourself from God you would die.
9. The world that you perceive with the personal mind is the world of separation. Maybe you are willing to accept even death to deny God but God does not want it so and so it is not so. You cannot will against God and so you have no control over the world that you made because it is not your will but your wish to be unlike God. The world that you made is totally chaotic, it is governed by arbitrary, senseless ďlawsĒ, and it is without meaning of any kind because it is made out of what you do not want projected from your mind out of fear. But it is only in your mind and so is your salvation. Do not believe the world is outside your mind because you can only gain control over it by recognizing where it is. You do have control over your mind because your mind is where you make decisions.
10. If you recognize that all attack that you perceive in yourself or in the world is only in your own mind you will recognize attack where it is and you will be able to undo it. Your salvation is also in your mind because Christ is in your mind. It is your mind, not the world that you perceive, that is the source of your erroneous sense of separation from God. But your Christ Mind is the Correction. Bring your perceptions of a world to your Christ Mind because Christ is the Truth. From there your vision will be changed. God and Christ dwell with you in Peace and you will look out from Peace on your Real Perceptions. But to find this Peace you must give up all investment in the world that you project from the personal mind and allow the Holy Spirit to extend your Real Perceptions from Christ within you.
4. Seeking and Finding
1. Love is Oneness, so the personal mind is certain that Love is dangerous and this is its central teaching. It never says this openly and when you identify with a personal self you will intensely engage in the search for Love. But the personal mind, though encouraging your search for Love very actively, makes one provision: do not find It. Its one rule can be summed up this way, then: ďSeek, but do not find.Ē This is the personal mindís one promise to you and it will keep it. With you it pursues, with fanatic insistence, its goal of not finding Love and though its judgment is severely impaired it is completely consistent.
2. Your search for Love under the guidance of the personal mind is therefore bound to end in defeat for you. The personal mind cannot Love and in your search for Love you are seeking for What it is afraid for you to find. But your search for Love is inevitable because you want It. Because you are the personal mindís source it cannot be completely cut off from you or you would not believe in it. It is your mind that gives it any existence at all. But it is also your mind that has the power to deny the personal mindís existence and you will do so as soon as you recognize the futile journey on which the personal mind has set you.
3. Obviously, in your identification with a personal self you do not want to find What will defeat this identification. The personal mind is totally unable to Love so it is totally inadequate in Loveís Presence because it cannot respond with Love at all. In the Presence of Love you have to abandon the personal mind because it is apparent that it does not teach you the response that you need to know Love. So the personal mind teaches you a distorted form of ďloveĒ that calls forth the responses that the personal mind can teach. Follow its teachings and you will search for Love but you will not recognize Love.
4. The personal mind sets you on a journey which leads you to a sense of futility and depression. For you to seek and not find is not joyous. This is not the promise to yourself that you should keep. The Holy Spirit offers you another promise, one that will lead to your Joy: ďSeek for Love and you will find It.Ē Under the Holy Spiritís guidance you will not be defeated in your Goal of Love. The Goal that the Holy Spirit sets for you is the Goal that the Holy Spirit will give to you. The Holy Spirit will never deceive you who It loves with Godís Love.
5. You will undertake a journey because you are not at home in the world that you perceive and you will seek for your Home whether you realize It is within you or not. If you believe that your Home is outside of you your search will be futile because you will be seeking It where It is not. You do not remember how to look within because you do not believe that your Home is there. But the Holy Spirit remembers It for you and it is Its Mission to guide you Home. As the Holy Spirit fulfills Its
6. Look upon the Guide that God has given to you to learn that you have Eternal Life. Death is not Godís Will or your Will because only Truth is Godís Will. You do not pay a price for the Life given to you by God but you do pay a heavy price for death. If death is what you want you will sell Everything God has given you to purchase it. And you believe that you have done this. But you cannot really sell What God has given to you because What God gives to you, you cannot trade away. Your mind is Whole because Godís Mind is Whole and Godís Extension is like God.
7. The correction of your perception of separation from God is not the price of your Wholeness but it is the price of your awareness of your Wholeness. What you chose to ďsellĒ was kept for you and now you must invest in It with your Will. What God gives awaits your recognition that you have been saved for It. The Holy Spirit guides you into Eternal Life but you must relinquish your investment in death or you will not see that Life is all around you.
5. The Sane Curriculum
1. Only Love is Strong because It is Undivided. When you are Strong you have no motivation to attack so before you attack you must have let the idea that you are weak enter your mind. Perceiving yourself as weak is always the first attack and it is an attack on yourself. No longer perceiving Oneness, and regarding yourself as weak, you attack others in the world that you perceive to replace the Strength that you gave away. You use attack because you believe that attack works because it worked when you attacked yourself to make yourself weak.
2. Your recognition of your inherent Invulnerability as Part of God is essential to restore your awareness of your Wholeness. If you accept your Invulnerability you are recognizing that the attack that you made on yourself by identifying with a personal self has no effect. You seem to have attacked yourself but nothing real happened and so you have not done anything. Once you recognize this you will see no value in attack of any kind because it does not work and it does not protect you. But your recognition of your Invulnerability has more than a negative value. Your attacks on yourself have failed to weaken you so you are still Strong. You therefore have no need to attack others to establish your Strength.
3. You will only recognize the utter uselessness of attack by recognizing that your attack on yourself by identifying with a personal self has no effects on the Truth in you. If you try to attack others and you seem to succeed you will be unable to avoid seeing this as reinforcement of the value of attack. The only place you can cancel out all reinforcement of attack is in yourself. You are always your first point of attack and if this has never been then it has no consequences.
4. The Holy Spiritís Love is your Strength while your strength is divided and therefore unreal. You cannot trust your own Love when you attack It. You cannot learn of Perfect Love with a split mind because when your mind is split you are a poor learner. You have tried to make your separation from God eternal because you have wanted to retain the characteristics of Godís Oneness but with your own content. But Godís Oneness is not of you and as a poor learner you need special teaching.
5. With a split mind you have learning handicaps in a very literal sense. There are areas in your learning skills so impaired that you can progress only under constant clear-cut direction from a Teacher Which transcends your limited resources. The Holy Spirit is your Unlimited Resource because you cannot learn from the limited personal mind. You have placed yourself in an impossible learning situation and you clearly need a special Teacher and a special lesson plan. As a poor learner you are a poor teacher for yourself. You cannot turn to yourself in your limited situation to learn how to escape your limitations. If you understood What is beyond the limits that you have made you would not be handicapped.
6. Your handicap is that in your identification with a personal self you do not know What Love is. Donít try to teach yourself from the personal mind What it cannot understand, or try to set up learning goals from the personal mind, which has failed you. Its learning goal for you has actually been to not learn What Love is and this does not lead to successful learning for you. You must extend Love to everything for you to understand What It is and your inability to generalize is a crucial learning failure. Generalizing is an essential learning aid for extending Love but donít ask the personal mind, which has failed to learn, what it is for because it does not know. If it could interpret generalizing correctly it would have learned from it.
7. The personal mindís rule is, ďSeek but do not findĒ. Translated into learning terms this means ďTry to learn but do not succeedĒ. The result of this learning plan is obviously that you must misinterpret every legitimate teaching aid, real instruction, and sensible guide to learning What Love is because they are all for learning What this strange learning plan is against. In your identification with the personal mind you are trying to learn how not to learn about Love and the aim of the personal mindís teaching is to defeat real learning. Of course you end up confused. The personal mindís lesson plan does not make any sense and your attempt at learning-by-not-learning has so weakened your mind that you cannot Love because the lesson plan you have chosen is against Love and amounts to a lesson in how to attack yourself. A supplement to this lesson plan is learning how not to overcome your split mind, which makes the primary aim of not-learning believable. And you will not overcome your split mind in the personal mindís lesson plan because all your learning will be on the personal mindís behalf. The personal mind speaks against your real learning as your learning from the personal mind speaks against your True Mind so you fight against all real learning and succeed. But there is Something you want to learn and that you can learn because it is your choice to do so.
8. In your identification with the personal mind you have tried to learn separation from God, which you do not really want, and this has been depressing for you. But take heart because the lesson plan that you have made for yourself with the personal mind is merely ridiculous if you look at it. It is not possible that the way for you to attain a goal is for you to not attain it. Resign as your own teacher in your identification with the personal mind and this resignation will not depress you. It is the result of an honest appraisal of what you have taught yourself from the personal mind and what has resulted from your teaching. Under the proper learning conditions, which the personal mind cannot provide or understand, you will become an excellent teacher of Love and therefore an excellent learner of Love. It is not so yet and it will not be so until you have allowed the whole learning situation that you are in to be reversed.
9. Your learning potential is limitless because it will lead you to God. You can teach yourself the way to God and learn it if you follow the Teacher within you that knows the way to God and understands Godís lesson plan for learning it. This lesson plan is totally consistent because the Goal is not divided and the Means and End are One. You only need to offer your undivided attention and everything else will be given to you. You really do want to learn What Love is and nothing can oppose the decision of you who are One with God. Your ability to learn is as unlimited as you are.
6. The Vision of Christ
1. The personal mind tries to teach you how to gain the whole world and lose your own Spirit. The Holy Spirit teaches you that you cannot lose your Spirit and there is no gain in the world because it is nothing. For you to invest in nothing steeps you in a sense of lack and its cost to you seems enormous. You lose your Real Perception by denying your Reality and the world that you see instead gives you nothing in return. You cannot ďsellĒ your Spirit but you can ďsellĒ your awareness of It. You cannot perceive your Spirit but you can know It. However, you will not know It as long as you perceive something else as more valuable.
2. The Holy Spirit is your Strength because the Holy Spirit knows It is you. It is perfectly aware that you do not know this in your identification with a personal self and It is perfectly aware of how to teach you What you are. The Holy Spirit loves you and teaches you What you are because It wills to extend Itself. Remembering What you are for you the Holy Spirit cannot let you forget your Worth. God never ceases to remind the Holy Spirit of you and the Holy Spirit never ceases to remind you of God. God is in your memory because the Holy Spirit is there. You chose to forget God but you do not really want to do so, so you can decide again. This is your Christ Mindís decision and so it is your decision.
3. You do not want the world. The only thing of value in the world that you perceive is your extension of Love there and that is the only reality it will ever have. The worldís value is not in itself but your Value is in you. You perceive your Value by extending your Loving thoughts outward to replace the world of separation and make your perceptions reflect your Reality. Real Perception is the Holy Spiritís Gift and so It belongs to you.
4. Correction is for you who cannot see Reality. The Holy Spiritís mission is to open your eyes to Love because the Holy Spirit knows that you are not blind but that you merely have your eyes closed. The Holy Spirit wants to undo your denial so that you can remember God. Your Christ Mindís Eyes are open and Christ will look upon whatever you see with Love if you accept Christís Vision as yours. The Holy Spirit holds the Vision of Christ for your entire mind. In the Holy Spiritís Vision your entire mind is perfect and the Holy Spirit longs to extend Its Vision to be all that your mind perceives. It will show you your Real Perceptions because God gave you Heaven. Through the Holy Spirit God calls your entire mind to remember What it is. Your awareness of God begins with your investment in Real Perception because here you will learn to re-invest in your Self. Reality is One with God and you and the Holy Spirit blesses your perceptions with your Oneness.
5. When you see your Real Perceptions, which you will certainly do, you will remember Oneness. But you must learn What denial costs you and refuse to pay it because only then will you decide to remember God. Then your Real Perceptions will spring to your sight because your Christ Mind has never left you. Your Christ Mind waits to be seen by you because It has never lost sight of you. Your Christ Mind looks quietly on your Real Perceptions, Which It wants to extend to you as Godís Love is extended to your Christ Mind. Your Christ Mind wants to give you What is yours. In perfect Peace your Christ Mind waits for you within, holding out Godís Love to you in the Quiet Blessing of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit leads your entire mind Home to God, where Christ waits for Its Self.
6. Every part of your mind and being is One in Christ as Christís Mind and Being are One in God. Christís Love for you is Christís Love for God, Which is Godís Love for Christ. When the Holy Spirit has at last led you to your Christ Mind within your perception will be so Holy that it will transfer easily to God as its natural extension. Love transfers to Love without interference because It is One. As you perceive Godís Love in more and more situations the Holy Spiritís Vision increases in you and becomes generalized. When you have learned to apply Godís Love universally your perceptions and your Knowledge of God become so similar that they share Godís Law of Oneness.
7. What is One is not separate and your denial of separation from God reinstates your Knowledge of God. From your awareness of God within you your mindís perceptions will become so enlightened that your Spirit will rejoin with the Mind of God and become One. Very Gently God will smile upon Itself, loving the Extension that is Its Oneness. The world that your mind perceives will have no purpose as your entire mind blends into Godís Purpose. Your Real Perception will slip quietly into Heaven, Which is Eternal. There your Whole Mind will join in the Perfect Love of God and of Itself. Heaven is your Home and being in God It is also in you.
7. Looking Within
1. Your learning is invisible but it is attested to by its results. Your experience of miracles demonstrate that you have learned from the Holy Spirit. As you experience a miracle in more and more situations you demonstrate that you have learned to generalize Godís Love. You will recognize that every miracle is whole and complete when you apply them equally to every situation. Miracles apply in every situation and by your applying them in every situation you gain your Real Perception. In this Holy perception you will be made whole again in your awareness and from your acceptance of the correction of your perception of separation from God the Holy Spirit will bless your entire mind. The Holy Spiritís blessing lies in every part of your mind and in your blessing every perception that your mind has you are blessed.
2. You must extend correction to all of your perceptions in the world to recognize that your perception has been corrected. You cannot see the Invisible but by Its effects you can know that It is here. By perceiving what It does you recognize Its Being and by what It does you learn What It is. You cannot see your Strength but you gain confidence in Its existence as It enables you to act and the results of your action you can see.
3. The Holy Spirit is Invisible but you can see the results of Its Presence and learn through them that It is here. What the Holy Spirit enables you to do is clearly not of the world because it violates the worldís laws of reality. Its every law of time and space and of magnitude and mass is transcended because the Holy Spirit enables you to extend Godís Love to everything equally. When you perceive the Holy Spiritís results you understand that the Holy Spirit is within you and you finally know that the Holy Spirit is you.
4. You cannot see the Holy Spirit but you can see Its manifestations. If you do not you will not realize that the Holy Spirit is here. Your experience of miracles witnesses to the Holy Spirit and speak for Its Presence. What you cannot see becomes compellingly real to you as Its Presence becomes manifest through you. Do the Holy Spiritís Work because Its Function is your function. As your Function in Heaven is extending God your function in the world that you perceive is extending healing to all of your mind through corrected perception. God shares Its Function with you in Heaven and the Holy Spirit shares Its Function with you in the world that you perceive. As long as you believe that you have other functions you will need correction. Your Peace is destroyed when you believe that you have a function other than healing your mind and destroying Peace is a goal in direct opposition to the Holy Spiritís Purpose.
5. You see what you expect and you expect what you invite. Your perception is the result of your invitation to either the personal mind or to the Holy Spirit. You will believe in what you manifest and what you see reflected back at you in your perception will convince you of the truth of what is within you. Two ways of perceiving are in your mind, and what you perceive is the result of the guidance that you have chosen.
6. [If you see Jesus you are seeing a manifestation of the Holy Spirit because you have invited the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will send you Its Witnesses if you are willing to see them.] You see what you seek and what you seek for you will find. The personal mind finds the separation that it seeks and only that. It does not find Love because Love is not what it is seeking. Seeking and finding are the same and if you seek for two goals you will find them but you will not recognize either of them because you will confuse them with each other. Your mind always seeks to be whole and if it is split and wants to keep the split it will believe it has only one goal by making two goals seem like one.
7. What you project or extend is up to you but you must do one or the other because that is the Law of Mind. You always look within before you perceive. When you look within you choose your guide and then you look outward and see witnesses for the guide that you chose. You find what you seek. What you want in yourself you will make manifest to you in your perception and you will accept it because you put it there by wanting it. When you look on the personal mindís projections and think that you do not want them understand that you really do want them or you wouldnít see them. This conflicted perception arises from your denial that you have two goals: Wholeness and separation from your Wholeness. Instead of seeing its own split your mind perceives a world outside and divided off from it so that it can maintain the illusion that it is still whole and pursuing only one goal. As long as you perceive the world as something separate your mind is not healed because the world is in your mind. To be healed is to pursue only one goal - a whole mind - because you have accepted it and you want it.
8. When you want only Love you will see nothing else. The contradictory witnesses that you perceive reflect your conflicting invitations. You have looked within and accepted the conflict there because you want it. But do not believe that the witnesses to your conflict make the conflict real. They only attest to what you want to be real, returning to you the messages that you gave them to give to you. Love is also recognized by its Messengers. Love will manifest to you when you invite It.
9. Your only freedom in the world that you perceive is the freedom to decide. You can decide to see your Real Perceptions. The world that you have made does not reflect Reality but it does reflect what you want to be reality. You cannot really give anything but Love and so you cannot really receive anything but Love. But if you think you have received something else it is because you have looked within and thought that you had the power to give something else. If you want something other than Love you will find it because you will seek for it.
10. You are afraid of the Holy Spirit because you looked within and saw something that frightened you. Yet you could not have seen Reality because the Reality of your Mind is Lovely in Its Oneness with God. Being of God, your Mindís Power and Limitlessness can only bring you Peace if you really look upon It. If you look within and are afraid you have looked on something that is not really there. Yet in your Mind the Holy Spirit and your Wholeness are in the Perfect Safety of the Oneness of Godís Mind, Which Wills only to extend through you.
11. When you have accepted your mission to extend Peace you will find Peace because by making It manifest you will see It. Peaceís Holy Witnesses will surround you when you call on Them. Your Christ Mind has heard and answered your call but you will not see or hear the Answer that you sought until you want only your Christ Mind. As your Christ Mind becomes more real to you, you will learn that you do want only your Christ Mind. You will see your Christ Mind as you look within and then you will look on your Real Perceptions. Only your Real Perceptions exist and can be seen through your Christ Mind. As you decide so you will see and all that you see will witness to your decision.
12. When you decide to look within and see your Christ Mind it will be because you have decided to manifest Truth. And as you manifest Truth you will see It within and in all that you perceive. You will see It in your perception because you first saw It within. What you see in your perception is a judgment of what you see within. If it is a judgment of the personal mind it will be wrong because judgment through the personal mind is not your function. But the Holy Spiritís Function is judgment and It is always right. You share the Holy Spiritís Function only when you judge through the Holy Spirit. With the personal mind you will always judge against yourself. But the Holy Spirit will always judge for you.
13. When you look at the world that you perceive and react unfavorably to what you see you have judged yourself unworthy and have condemned yourself to death. The personal mindís ultimate goal for you is death because it believes that you are guilty and deserving of death. God knows that you are deserving of Life. The wish for your death never leaves the personal mind because that is what it reserves for you in the end. It wants to kill you as the final expression of its feeling for you but it lets you live only to wait for death. It will torment you while you live but its hatred for you will not be satisfied until you die. Your destruction is the one end toward which the personal mind works and the only end with which it will be satisfied.
14. The personal mind is not a traitor to God because God cannot be betrayed. But you are a traitor to yourself when you identify with a personal self and believe that you have betrayed God. That is why undoing your guilt is an essential part of the Holy Spiritís teaching. As long as you identify with a personal self you will feel guilty and believe that you deserve death because you will believe that you have betrayed God. You will think that death comes from God and not from the personal mind because when you identify with a personal self you project its goal onto God. As long as you want to identify with a personal self God cannot save you.
15. When you are tempted to give into the desire for death remember that Jesus demonstrated that the Christ Mind does not die. You will realize this is true when you look within and see your Christ Mind. Jesus overcame death through Christ and Christ is in you. Eternal Life is given to your Christ Mind and so It is given to you. When you learn to make Christ manifest you will never see death. You will look upon the deathless in yourself and you will see only the Eternal as you look upon a Perception that cannot die.
8. The Attraction of Love for Love
1. Do you really believe that you can kill What is One with God? You are safe in Godís Oneness and truly far from your destructive thoughts but you do not know God or yourself because of these thoughts. You attack your Real Perceptions every moment and yet you are surprised that you cannot see Them. If you seek Love only to attack It you will not find It. Love extends naturally and you can find It only by extending It. Offer Love and It will come to you because It is drawn to Itself. But offer attack and Love will be hidden from you because It lives in Peace.
2. Your Christ Mind is safe in God and knows It is safe in God and so It cannot fear. Godís Love holds your Christ Mind in perfect Peace, and needing nothing your Christ Mind asks for nothing. Yet your Christ Mind seems far from you whose Self It is because you chose to attack yourself and your Christ Mind disappeared from your awareness. Your Christ Mind has not changed but you have. Your split mind and all it has done are not of God and it cannot live in awareness of God.
3. When you chose to see what is not true What is True became invisible to you. But It is not invisible to Itself because the Holy Spirit sees It clearly. It is only invisible to you because you are looking at something else. It is not up to you to decide what reality is. What can be seen is What the Holy Spirit sees. God defines Reality, not you in your split mind. God is Reality. You knew this but you have forgotten and because God has given you a way to remember you are not condemned to oblivion.
4. God loves you so you can never forget God because you cannot forget What God has placed in your mind. You can deny God but you cannot lose God. The Holy Spirit will answer every question you ask and the Holy Spiritís Vision will correct your perception of everything. What you have made invisible to you is the only Truth and What you do not hear is the only Answer. God wills to reunite your mind and God did not abandon you in your distress. You are only waiting for God but you do not know this. But God is still in your mind and cannot be obliterated. Your Memory of God is not in the past or in the future; It is here Forever, Always.
5. You only have to ask to remember God and you will. But God cannot be remembered if you want to obliterate God. Your Memory of God can only come to you if you want to remember God and you give up your insane desire to control reality. You cannot even control the personal self so you should hardly try to control reality. Look at what you have tried to make real and be glad that it is not real.
6. You who are One with God should not be content with nothing. You cannot really see what is not real and has no value. God does not offer you what has no value and being Godís Extension you could not receive what has no value. You were corrected the instant that you thought that you left God. Everything that you have made has never been and is really invisible because the Holy Spirit does not see it. Yet What the Holy Spirit does see is yours to see and through the Holy Spiritís Vision your perception is healed. You have made invisible to you the only Truth that your perception holds by seeing a world of separation instead. You have valued nothing and you have sought nothing. You have made nothing real to you so you think that you have seen it but nothing is there. Your Christ Mind is invisible to you because of what you have made visible to yourself.
7. It does not matter how much distance you have tried to put between Truth and your awareness of Truth. You can see your Christ Mind because you can extend It. The Holy Spirit sees only Christ and sees only your Christ Mind in you. What is invisible to the personal mind is Perfect in the Holy Spiritís Vision and encompasses all that the Holy Spirit sees. The Holy Spirit remembers you because the Holy Spirit remembers God. You look upon the unreal and you find despair. The unreal world is a thing of despair because it can never be real. And you who are One with God can never be content without Reality. What God did not give to you has no power over you and the attraction of Love for Love remains irresistible. It is the Function of Love to extend only Love and to hold all things together in Its Wholeness.
8. God gives you Real Perception in exchange for the world that you made and see. Take your Real Perception from your Christ Mind and look upon It. Its reflection of Reality will make everything else invisible because beholding It is wholly corrected perception. As you use your Real Perception you will remember that What It reflects was always so. Nothingness will become invisible to you because you will at last see Truly. You corrected perception is easily translated into God because only perception is capable of error and perception is not real. When your perception is corrected it will give way to God because God is the Only Reality. Your acceptance of correction is your way back to What you never lost. God can not cease to love you.
|Copyright 2009 Elizabeth A. Cronkhite|